Thursday, January 3, 2013

All Juiced Up

Breakfast: Two carrots, two apples, one stalk of celery. Lunch: rinse and repeat, but with an orange in the mix, carried handily to work in my new stainless steel Thermos. Yes, folks, I'm juicing! And to make sure I keep it up, I'm going to write about it here from time to time. 

After just one day (yesterday), I woke up this morning with memories of one of the most vivid dreams I've had in years. I won't bore you with the details, but it involved an extra Christmas tree someone brought into my house and left in my dining room, a high wind that kept blowing my front door open, and a guy from high school I kept calling an unsavory name. I don't know if at this point he deserves it - I hope not - but he sure did then, and in my dream he was still 18 and a jerk. (Hey, I just realized HE was 18 and I was... more than 18. Not fair!) I can only attribute it to the juice, which, according to my extensive research (I'm not kidding - I really checked this out) helps you absorb most of the nutrients from fruits and vegetables, makes you think more clearly, adds energy, boosts positivity, revs up your immune system, blah blah blah more good stuff. What none of my research said is "makes your dreams so real you have to fight off a monsoon to close your front door, and then run down to your garage to get tools to fix the door, and then you fix the door, and it blows open again, and you say to yourself, 'I really need to call Boo to get that door fixed.' " (Boo is my house doctor. He's brilliant.) 

So now I'm wondering: if I change the fruits and vegetables, can I control my dreams? Will beets make me feel more grounded (you know, because they're a root vegetable) and will grapes make me a more "raisinable" person in my sleep? (This is getting really bad. I'm going to stop soon, I promise.)  One thing's for sure. I'm going to keep changing up the ingredients until I start having dreams where I'M the one who's 18. 

2 comments:

  1. Great post Anita! Your diet definitely affects your dreams, or at least that has been my experience. Sometimes mine are so action packed and vivid that I wake up completely exhausted. Not sure what foods make you 18 in your dreams, but if you figure it out, please share!

    ReplyDelete