Friday, July 22, 2011

And so it begins.

This first entry has been a long time coming. First I had to create a blog...which I did about three years ago, and then let it sit because, as I'm fond of remarking, life interferes with life. But this time it's gonna happen. And just to lock myself in, I wrote three entries at once. (Secret note to my "palison" - I win!)

When I picked up the blog baton again, as most communicators will who prepare collaterals and fancy materials for a living, I spent time picking colors and fonts... and struggled to find a meaningful name for this undertaking. I worked through all of the best "write-oriented" ones, but they were spoken for. I thought I had it when I picked "Tighty Writeys" - because my intention is to get to the point and make it fun to read - but that was taken, too, albeit with one more "e" than mine. Then I decided to use something with the word "brie" in it (part of my last name), even though it makes my blog sound like a good source of amuse bouche recipes. (Disappointed that it's not? No worries. You'll find Brie and Crab Soup at http://ow.ly/5LOOU and Walnut-Brie Tartlets at http://ow.ly/5LOQj.)

But if you did come to read, please pull up a virtual chair and keep going for a few more minutes. And I hope you'll come back again sometime. I love having you in my place.

© 2011 A Bit of Brie/Anitabrie

No comments:

Post a Comment