Saturday, July 23, 2011

My $88 Breakfast

A Saturday morning, and I was headed out to meet a friend for breakfast at a great little mom-and-pop spot with real pickle barrels and career waitresses. It was sunny and perfect...the kind of morning that lifts your heart because all around you feels bright and full of promise. Only one problem: if I'm happy, I sing. And when I'm happy and singing, there's a chance my car gets a little happier, too. And faster.  A lot, apparently.

Oh, nothing happened that morning, except that I had a great time chatting with a friend I really enjoy, ran a few errands and then headed back home the way I'd come. Still happy.

A little time passed - maybe a week - and when I picked up the mail, there they were. Two envelopes which, when opened, held notices with front and back photos of my car - one was headed east, one west. Raising the grand total of my relatively inexpensive breakfast that sunny, perfect morning to $88.

The pictures are kind of dark, but if you look really closely, you can see me singing. I looked a lot happier back then.


© 2011 A Bit of Brie/Anitabrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment