Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Boobd... uh, I Mean Birthday!

Today's my birthday, and I have all kinds of great things planned. I'm leaving any minute for my morning pool assignation, and after that - after I've showered and dried off - I'm heading out for two major life events. That's right, you guessed it: I'm celebrating with a bone density scan and a mammogram! Woo-hoo!

When I called for appointments, I asked for the earliest possible...so when they offered me an 8:30 a.m. on my birthday, it seemed somehow fitting that I begin this auspicious day by taking care of myself - something I've not earned high grades on in the past.

Maybe starting a new year this way will cement my intentions for better health and fitness over the next twelve months. Maybe this is a sign, like many others I've had in recent weeks, that my life is to be cherished and honored.  Or maybe it's just this, as my friend Brenda said to me yesterday about this appointment: "You know it's going to be a good birthday when you start it out by taking off your shirt."


© 2013 A Bit of Brie/Anitabrie

No comments:

Post a Comment