Tuesday, March 15, 2016

An Audi-acious Parking Job

Wow. And I thought I had trouble parking.

Yesterday, a local woman got into her car, which was on the fourth floor of a parking garage in Towson, Maryland, with no other thought in her head, I'm guessing, besides finding that elusive little white card to hand back to the attendant with a $10 bill to pay for her space.

Minutes later, she was airborne, taking the short route down to the street, past four floors of other autos, which were surely yelling to each other in vehicular language, "That's gonna hurt!" (And you know they were talking about the car.)

Don't worry - the driver (or perhaps "pilot" would be more accurate) is, miraculously, okay. (Hey - I'm not a monster! I wouldn't write this if she were a casualty!) Only minor injuries, thanks to the sturdy construction of her Audi Q5. I hope we don't find out she was texting someone to remind her how to drive a manual shift, or to say to her coworkers in the adjacent building, "Watch this!"

Anyway, there are a few lessons here. First, don't pull forward when you're already parked against the garage wall facing the street below. Second, you might not want to park in any garages in Towson that have a facade like the one in the photo above. And third, we should all go out and get Audi Q5s immediately. And then, if we ever do pull a stunt like this, we can just relax and turn up our satellite radio for the quick ride down. What, you think I'm kidding? I'm totally Sirius.

© 2016 A Bit of Brie/Anitabrie 



No comments:

Post a Comment