Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tarot Card Readers Don't Take Blue Cross

Until last Sunday, I was unschooled in the experience of the tarot card reading. But finding myself at a conference that was all about the cosmic arts, I just had to sign up for a peek into my future from a guy who is a local tarot rock star. (In the spirit world, at least.)

I asked about my work, and picked the number of cards he directed me to pull from his fanned-out, face-down deck, and he told me some things that might or might not be true. It sounded a lot like my regular life - you know, the one I was already having before someone saw it through a hazy mist.

Then I asked about a relationship gone awry, and he said, "Was this guy really, really introspective? I mean, REALLY introspective?" And I said, noooooo, not really... and then he said, "Could that be you?" I thought and thought about it, and then thought about it some more, and then said "Yes! That's me!" (Just a little introspective joke there for all you thinkers.)  Anyway, that was part of the issue, he said - too much introspection. Now, I ask you, when has a man ever not wanted to hear everything a woman was thinking?

Finally, I asked about my health, because I had some important medical tests coming up a couple of days after the reading, and I wanted some information in advance. Was I going to be okay? Astoundingly, he pinpointed the reason for the tests - or close to it - without me saying anything. And he showed me that my cards predicted it would all end up just fine, but there would be some treatment and I'd have to follow doctor's orders very closely.  So when I went for my tests yesterday, I wasn't a bit surprised that the outcome was good.

See? Who needs doctors when it's all in the cards? And bonus: no co-pay required.

© 2016 A Bit of Brie/Anitabrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment